Details of the Portuslimen workshop in Oxford:
Ports and Geographical Contexts
Friday 12th June 2015, All Souls College, Wharton Room, 2pm.
- 2.00-2.20. S. Keay, Approaches to the study of ports and their geographical contexts
- 2.20-2.40. P. Arnaud, Harbour-design: geographical determinism, geo-politics and economic models
- 2.40-3.00 N. Purcell, Port-geography and managed landscapes: theory and practice.
- 3.00-3.20 F. Salomon, A new geo-archaeological tool for the study of the operation of Roman harbours: the palaeo-environmental age model.
- 3.20-5.00 A. Wilson, Structured Discussion:
Theme A: The value of literary sources for our understanding the geographical context of Roman ports
Theme B: Variations in harbour design: regionalism, chronology, scale or geographical context?
Theme C: Geomorphological change and port response