Details of the Portuslimen workshop in Oxford:
People, ports and networking in the Roman Mediterranean
Friday, 6th March, All Souls College, 2-6.30 p.m.
- Simon Keay: Archaeological Challenges.
- Pascal Arnaud: Historical and epigraphic challenges.
- Nicolas Carayon: Ports and Networks: Narbonne.
- Carlos Cabrera: The ancient port of Seville.
- Maxine Anastasi: Pots, islands and networks: Experimenting with network analysis and the small-scale in the central Mediterranean.
- J. Preiser-Kapeller: Mapping maritime networks: challenges, potentials, pitfalls and comparisons within the framework of the SPP-1630 “Harbours from the Roman Period to the Middle Ages”.
- Concluding comments: Nicholas Purcell, Andrew Wilson